Summer Beauty

Summer Beauty
Onion Tops in Seattle

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Why Recruiting?

After figuring out that blogging was just an online journal and I could forget about the fancy stuff, I turned my thoughts back onto why I started this blog in the first place: Because I am a Recruiter. Or at least I used to be. Now I have a management job and I don't get much time to do the things I love to do - at least I used to love them. My job now, especially post acquisition, is all about paperwork. We're talking all day, every day. And as if that weren't enough, I met with a group of my peers, who through organic conversation, basically pointed out that I am no longer marketable. Talk about a serious bummer. So now I have a job I hate and it turns out I can't get another! And then one of them went so far as to say I wasn't even a good people manager, because the people aren't the part of my job that gets me out of bed in the morning. So with my self-esteem completely in the toilet, I am looking at how do I turn this sinking ship around - LOL! I plan to get back to my roots. I am going to recruit, every day!, if it kills me in the process. Fuck the paperwork. I have a life to save - my own.

No comments: