Summer Beauty

Summer Beauty
Onion Tops in Seattle

Friday, November 16, 2007

Why blogging?

I opened this account about 4 years ago and have never done anything with it. I thought it would be a great thing for my company at the time to have a place where the recruiting group could talk about the company and the culture and whatever else a potential employee might be interested in. But I never had the time to get to it. I thought it needed to be something more well-thought-out all the time and that I had to be witty or clever or brilliant or something, but turns out that stream of consciousness works too - LOL! I really had high hopes for this, again as a professional tool, but now I think I will use this just for my own forum to vent, rant, ramble, whatever.

As it is today, the company I work for was acquired about 18 months ago. Since then, things have changed - a lot! Most of the "old timers" aren't very happy and we all have this look on our faces like "Why am I still here and why are you here too?" It is sad really. We had all worked really hard to make the company a great place to work and now it is falling apart. The culture is degenerating rapidly into a bureaucratic nightmare. Never in a millions years did I see myself working for a company like this. It saddens me to see it evolve into this, but I am helpless to stop it.

So life goes on. Today I am taking the time to stop and think about what matters to me most. What things interest me? Why do I stay here? What do I like about it? What am I missing? Eventually all this contemplation will lead me to a new adventure of some sort, just not sure what.

Stay tuned.

No comments: